Sunday 28 April 2013

Review: Still by Ann Mayburn

Dr. Michelle Sapphire and Gunnery Sargent Wyatt Callahan formed an unbreakable bond and an unacknowledged, forbidden attraction to each other while serving together in Afghanistan. Their lives are forever changed when a mortar attack grievously wounds Wyatt and Michelle brings him back from the brink of death. But when they both return to the civilian world Michelle discovers that her rock-solid Marine is suffering from severe PTSD and may even be suicidal.

Wyatt Callahan fell hard for the aristocratic blonde doctor the moment he laid eyes on her. After reentering civilian life in his hometown near Austin, Texas, Wyatt is plagued by nightmares of the death and suffering he witnessed during the war. He’d love to reach out to Michelle, but there is one thing stopping him. Michelle is a Dominatrix and she has made it very clear to Wyatt she isn’t interested in a relationship with anyone who doesn’t accept her lifestyle. An Alpha male to the core, he can't imagine the appeal of being submissive, but at the same time, the idea of serving Michelle, of being everything she wants and needs rings true in his wounded soul.

Michelle has dark secrets of her own and together with Wyatt she will have to battle her personal demons in their emotional journey of healing, redemption, and love.

Buy Links:


AMAZON
Barnes & Noble
All Romance
Kobo


Review:

So I'm going to admit I'm a little unsure where to start with this review. When the opportunity to review this book came up I jumped at it for two reasons. One I haven't yet read anything of Ann Mayburn's I didn't like and two I love Femdom books.

And I most definitely did like this book. Seeing an Alpha Male on his knees for a woman doing everything she asks is extremely sexy. And I love the way Wyatt was written having him bow to Michelle while maintaining all the traits that make him undoubtedly male.

That being said when I got to the end of the book I admit I felt a little empty. The book to me felt like it ended half way through the story.  Now I know there is another book coming but still the book seemed to lack a little closer for me at the end.

Overall I give this book 4 out of 5. 


No comments:

Post a Comment