Tuesday 26 March 2013

Review: Cooper's Redemption by D'Ann Lindun




Elizabeth Adams is a Los Angles native who has always dreamed of living in the Rocky Mountains. She loves western movies and riding horses, and dreams of being a heroine in a western film. She gets her chance for real life adventure when her mother disappears from Salt Lick, Colorado, after going there to sell a ranch she inherited.
J.B. Cooper (just Cooper) is under suspicion for killing his neighbor, Henry Harper, over a water dispute. There is no evidence to convict him, but the shadow of doubt hovers around him. He just wants to be left in peace.
Circumstances throw Elizabeth and Cooper together when he tracks rustled cattle to her ranch … and discovers a body in the barn. Once again, he is the suspect in a suspicious death. Elizabeth is convinced Cooper had nothing to do with the murder of her cousin because to her, he’s a true western hero. Together, they search for her mother, clear Cooper’s name and fall in love along the way.
Romantic Suspense
Sensuality Level: Sensual
Available at: Crimson Romance ebooks | Amazon | B&N | iTunes
Review:
As always with D'Ann's books I had a hard time putting this down.

I love the murder mystery in this book it totally had me guessing to the very end. I'd think I had it all figured out and then something happened and I'd have to rethink things again. But I was totally satisfied by how everything played out. 

I loved the interactions between Elizabeth and Cooper. I loved that she was stubborn and not willing to put up with his crap. I totally got Elizabeth’s transition from meeting him to loving him. Cooper’s not as much but I still found him totally swoon worthy.

Overall I give this a 4 out 5 I really enjoyed it. 


Bio:
Falling in love with romance novels the summer before sixth grade, D’Ann Lindun never thought about writing one until many years later when she took a how-to class at her local college. She was hooked! She began writing and never looked back. Romance appeals to her because there's just something so satisfying about writing a book guaranteed to have a happy ending. D’Ann’s particular favorites usually feature cowboys and the women who love them. This is probably because she draws inspiration from the area where she lives, Western Colorado, her husband of twenty-nine years and their daughter. Composites of their small farm, herd of horses, five Australian shepherds, a Queensland heeler, nine ducks and cats of every shape and color often show up in her stories!

9 comments:

  1. Great review. I tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful review...congrats to D'Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome review! Can't wait to read this book!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful review - I loved the book, too, Melissa...Congrats on the new release, D'Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does sound great. Really nice review. I like murder mysteries. Did one of D'Ann's horses do it? No one would ever expect that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review D'Ann. I have to agree with all she said and more. You create great characters. Your stories are food for the soul. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Melissa! And thanks all, for the nice comments! Very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful review, Melissa! D'Ann, you're such a talented lady.

    ReplyDelete